Faculty of Landscape Architecture
The Moscow State Forest University trains engineers specializing in the sphere of landscape architecture and the building of gardens & parks.
The profession of landscape specialist — designer and industrial engineer is very popular in all civilized countries. The main tasks of such a specialist are to create aesthetically pleasing environments for man to work and live in.
The Department of Landscape Architecture trains highly qualified specialists in the three fields of:
- landscape planning;
- landscape objects, building and service;
- decorative gardening.
The full course lasts five years. The main section of the course of studies is devoted to practical training. This includes planning of work in industrial gardens, botanical gardens and arboretums. Lectures in the above spheres are given by outstanding specialists. The material used by the lecturers comprises information gained from the finest foreign landscape schools and universities. Our Department has close links with foreign landscape schools in Poland, Bulgaria, Germany, Great Britain etc. Study courses and trips across these countries have been arranged.
Our students receive profound knowledge in botany, forestry and dendrology, selection and breeding, planting protection, urban building and architecture, the history of parks & gardens and modern landscape architecture, landsurveying and topography, building constructions, trees and flowers growing.
In addition the University has courses in history of world culture, painting and drawing. Also introduced in the syllabus if required can be intensive studies of foreign languages.
There is a student's workshop at the Department of Landscape Architecture, where students fulfil a wide range of works such as designing gardens, parks and floral decoration of buildings.
The staff of our department are highly respected in spheres of research, such as:
- reconstruction of growing stock in urban and suburban landscapes;
- floral decoration of house building complexes;
- interior garden design;
- application of wild plants in the urban amenity environment as natural elements;
- the study of heritage and the restoration of historic landscapes, the ecology of historic parks and gardens, the restoration of historic Russian estate parks;
- the study of the negative influences of public activities on the landscapes.